Who doesn’t want a brighter smile and a brighter future for their children? Nite-Guide® for the 5-7 year old is worn only while sleeping. Orthodontics for children, combined with early intervention and expert dentistry will help your little ones succeed, and give them reasons to smile early on in life.
The Nite-Guide® is a comfortable, clear appliance worn during the night, to provide preventive care for 5 to 7-year-old children while they sleep. Nite-Guide® prevents the need for braces later on in children’s lives by being a preventive orthodontic solution. It provides a straight smile and a healthy occlusion early on, by guiding teeth properly into the mouth as the child grows and develops.
Combining the Nite-Guide® with general dentistry for children offers advantages such as:
- Achieving a straight smile with only passive nighttime treatment.
- Correcting overbite, overjet, crowding and some open-bites.
- Using natural dental eruptive forces it allows the upper and lower adult front teeth to develop into the proper occlusion.
- Preventing common crowding by creating additional space in the front area of the mouth by expanding the arches.
- Holding teeth straight while the fibers develop around them, to hold the correction and resist relapse!
According to research studies performed at Tufts University, the Finnish Government, and many other prestigious firms, as many as 93% of children between the ages of 5 to 7 are candidates for the Nite-Guide® Technique. Your dental professional (dentist or pedodontist) can determine if this option could benefit your child. Orthodontics for children an early age can be a valuable asset in correcting current orthodontic problems as well as preventing future malocclusion.
How do children feel about wearing a Nite-Guide® appliance? Rather than feeling anxious, many children who have a Nite-Guide® feel like a grown up or a teenager! Many kids love that they can choose what type of box their appliance comes in. Children can participate in any and all activities and never have to worry that orthodontic hardware will distract from their beautiful, straight smile. Nite-Guide® patients appreciate not having to endure more difficult dental procedures later on, and are more confident about their appearance during grade school with their straight smile.
How These Quality Orthodontic Solutions Benefit Children
Each Nite-Guide® is crafted with an unparalleled understanding of orthodontics in children. It is available in 11 sizes for a comfortable fit and precise occlusion. Providing this advanced kind of orthodontics for children may be recommended for kids who have:
- A potentially deep overbite, where the upper front teeth cover the lower teeth by 1/8" (1.5 mm) or more.
- Overjet, or buck teeth, up to 4 mm. (More severe cases may want to wear their appliance during the day also.)
- Potential crowding of up to 7 mm of the permanent adult incisors.
- Expanding arches to proper shape and proportion allows for ideal spacing for all teeth, providing a healthy, strong and beautiful smile.
- An open-bite or cross-bite.
- Some of the effects of thumb-sucking,
The Nite-Guide® technique is the preventative alternative to fixed braces. It allows prevention of future functional problems and the struggle with retention and relapse. Treating these problems at such an early age provides beautiful smiles, stronger self-confidence and results that will last a lifetime.
See the Nite-Guide® Brochure